Monthly Archives: November 2014

Charlotte Electricians Give Thanks This Holiday Season

happy-thanksgiving-1Before we get to stuffing turkeys and whipping cream for pumpkin pie, it’s time to think about the many things we have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. At Douthit Electrical, we consider ourselves to be extraordinarily fortunate because this year we have a lot to be thankful for.

This year, we have helped hundreds of families with all sorts of electrical services from outdoor lighting to surge protection to home additions. We are absolutely grateful that we are able to help members of our community improve the safety and function of their homes. Whether we install a generator that powers a home during an outage, an outdoor light that adds security, or a carbon monoxide detector that could save a life, we know that we are making a positive impact in our community. We are both thankful and proud to have this opportunity to play an important role in the community that means so much to us.

Furthermore, we’re thankful for our many loyal customers in Charlotte, Lake Norman, Gastonia, Concord, Troutman, Denver, Sherrills Ford, Davidson, Mooresville, Huntersville, Cornelius, Stanley, and Statesville. Our customers have helped transform our electrical company from a small startup—a single electrician working out of a Corolla—into the strong, trusted company that we are today. Thank you to each any every person that has chosen Douthit Electrical for electrical services. We appreciate your patronage, and we hope that you will continue to choose us for all your future electrical needs.

Douthit Electrical looks forward to serving your electrical needs in the coming year. Please don’t hesitate to call for our licensed electricians whenever you have an electrical emergency or need to make sure an electrical project is completed safely and effectively.

From the Douthit Electrical family to yours, we wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!

 


Written by:

Fight Fires: Let a Charlotte, NC Electrician Ensure Your Home is Safe

It’s been estimated by the U.S. Fire Administration that over 28,600 electrical fires occur annually, resulting in $1.1 billion worth of property damage to homes. Majority of these cases could have been prevented if property owners took extra precaution with their electrical installations and systems, and addressed any electrical problem immediately. Avoid having your own home go up in flames by having a Charlotte, NC electrician take a look at your home’s electrical setup. An article on the Fire Recruit site emphasizes one of the main causes of electrical fires: Continue reading


Written by:

How to Deal with Minor Electrical Problems in Charlotte

cartoon sparking toasterThere’s the right way to deal with a minor electrical issue  and the wrong way. Our Charlotte electricians believe that knowing what to do in advance will help you to avoid a panic-driven electrical disaster when a minor problem does arise. Learn what to do when one of these common electrical problems occurs so that you can react appropriately and quickly if they ever happen to you!

A Sparking Toaster

If your toaster lights up like the Fourth of July as you toast your kid’s Pop-Tart, you’ll want to grab your fire extinguisher immediately (keep one handy in the kitchen) and put out any small flames and sparks. Never, ever dump water on a toaster! Afterwards, you’ll still want to dial 911 because electrical wiring inside your wall may have caught fire even if it isn’t visible. If a toaster or other fire ever starts to get out of control, it’s time to get everyone in the building out! Your stuff can be replaced, but you cannot!

A Broken Light Bulb

When a light bulb breaks, you may hear a POP! First, you’ll want to unplug the lamp or turn off the switch to your light fixture. If you own safety goggles, now would be a great time to sport them. You can take a dry bar of soap and carefully lodge it onto the broken bulb. Once the soap is secured into the broken bulb, you should be able to twist it free and discard it.

A Smoky Blender

If your blender starts smoking mid-smoothie, DO NOT TOUCH IT—unplug the blender immediately. If you’re unable to unplug the blender without touching it, go to your circuit breaker  box and turn off the power that way. Once the blender has completely cooled, it’s time to dispose of it and invest in one that is less scary!

Safety should always be #1 during electrical emergencies If you’re unsure of what to do call Douthit Electrical and let our professional Charlotte electricians handle the problem. We’re here to provide electrical services in Charlotte and the surrounding areas to help keep people safe from electrical shocks and electrical fires!

 


Written by: