It’s always a good time to do a basic electrical safety checkup of your Charlotte home. This week let’s take a look at the health of our indoor outlets.
- Have you noticed any of your switches or outlets not working?
- Do any of your switches or outlets seem to be discolored?
- Do any of your switches or outlets get warm when in use?
- Have you noticed any popping or cracking from any of your switches or outlets when you use them?
- Do plugs still fit snugly into all outlets?
Take a look around your room. How many outlets do you see? We often don’t realize just how many outlets we have in our homes until one stops working. It only takes 1 faulty outlet to create a disaster. In most cases, a licensed electrician can quickly fix a faulty outlet and recommend any additional safeguards you might need.
Watch for our future posts on tips about the use of extension cords in our homes and the safety of our fuse box. Our simple list of things to look for can help keep your house away from electrical mishaps.
Written by: admin+