The electrical panel can be seen as the “brain” of your home’s electrical system. It’s “smart” enough to trip or cut of flow of electricity when there’s an electrical overload in order to prevent electrical fires. Because electrical panels play such an integral role in your home’s electrical system and its overall safety, it’s important to know when it’s time for an electrical panel upgrade.
At Douthit Electrical, our professional Charlotte electricians strive to take the guesswork out of helping our customers practice electrical safety and maintain their home’s electrical system. If you’re ever in doubt as whether or not you’re in need of a Charlotte electrical panel upgrade, you should call us and schedule an inspection. When it comes to electrical safety, it’s always better to be safe than sorry!
So how do you know when it’s time to have an electrical panel upgrade performed by our licensed Charlotte electricians? Here are 5 signs your electrical panel needs an upgrade ASAP!
- If you have to rely on extension cords and power strips It’s much safer and far more practical to upgrade your electrical panel and have more outlets installed instead of being overly dependent on extension cords and power strips.
- If your home still has a fuse panel and doesn’t rely on an electrical panel With so many new kinds of electronic gadgets and tech, today’s home need a safe way to deliver clean, uninterrupted power to all of these devices. And while there’s technically nothing “wrong” with fuses, they’re extremely outdated — and not in a cool, trendy kind of way. Fuses can usually be found in homes built before the 1960’s, and are incapable of meeting today’s electrical demands. They’re inefficient and unsafe!
- If your electrical panel is “acting up” If the electrical panel is constantly tripping or you hear snaps, crackling, and popping noises coming from it, or none of your electrical appliances seem to be working right, call us to schedule service right away!
- If a home remodeling project is in the future Home renovation projects require a lot of electrical power, so may need to upgrade your electrical panel prior to construction in order to safely supply more power and accommodate the addition of any new major electrical appliances, such as a new hot tub, refrigerator, or air conditioner.
- If you have old, worn, and faulty electrical wiring Some things, such as wine or cheese, improve with age. Electrical wiring however, sees a sharp decline in both efficiency and safety as it ages. If your lights constantly dim or flicker, you feel a slight tingling or mild shock when touch an electrical appliance, or you catch a whiff of a burnt smell near an outlet or see signs of discoloration around it, it’s definitely time for Charlotte electrical upgrades.
For electrical panel upgrades in Charlotte, upgrade to friendliest and most knowledgeable electricians in town by calling Douthit Electrical!
Written by: admin+