Halloween might be scary, but electrical hazards such as worn or damaged electrical outlets are far more frightening! Not only do damaged and outdated electrical outlets interfere with how well your electrical appliances work, but they also increase the risk of electrical shock and fires.
Along with customer satisfaction, safety is a top priority at Douthit Electrical. Electrical outlet replacement and repair are examples of important Charlotte electrical upgrades that will make your home safer and more energy efficient.
Take a look at these six scary and spooky signs it’s time for new Charlotte electrical outlets!
- They aren’t GCFI outlets To minimize the chance of electrical fire and shock, all outlets in any home or business should be GCFI outlets; no exceptions! If you have any outlets that aren’t GCFI’s, call us immediately to have them replaced!
- Your home is a few decades old and hasn’t had an electrical upgrade Historic homes are filled with character and charm due to their age, however time takes a toll on their electrical systems. Outdated electrical outlets and wiring pose many dangers, so it’s important to schedule a Charlotte electrical inspection with us to identify ways to make your home safer.
- Sparks If your electrical outlets spark when you plug in an appliance or device, it needs to be replaced immediately. Sparking poses a major fire hazard and is typically the result of a short circuit or worn connections.
- Circuits frequently and suddenly trip A circuit that frequently trips is not only inconvenient and maybe even a bit spooky, but it also indicates it’s time for electrical upgrades, such as new electrical outlets.
- Wobbly and loose sockets Constantly plugging appliances and devices in and out can cause the spring mechanisms in electrical outlets to become loose. It may seem harmless, however these loose connections are a serious fire and safety hazard and should be repaired immediately.
- Burned, cracked outlet plates Never plug an appliance or device into an outlet that is cracked or discolored from burns. This could indicate a number of major safety concerns, such as overheating connections. Cracked outlet plates expose loose terminals that put the entire household at risk of electrical shock.
Charlotte electrical upgrades are a must when it comes to electrical safety. When it comes to electrical outlet repair and replacement, trust the experts at Douthit Electrical to keep your home and business safe!
Written by: admin+