Here’s a few energy saving tips to help win the battle.
1. Warmer weather is upon us, and as A/C units get turned on, be sure to keep windows and shades closed to keep that cool air indoors.
2. “Shut that door!” Your parents were always warning you to stop heating or cooling the outdoors. Now that you are responsible for the utility bills, you understand why they yelled that so much.
3. Ceiling fans use less energy and that breeze they create will allow you to raise your thermostat in the summer by up to 4 degrees, without losing your home’s comfort. Douthit Electrical provides ceiling fan installation all year long. Give us a call!
4. How often have you forgotten to change the thermostat when going to bed or leaving for the day? A programmable thermostat is not only convenient, it also will save you money caused by those forgetful moments.
5. Wash your clothes in cold water as much as possible. Up to 90% of the energy used on that task is in heating the hot water.
6. Most home owners now understand the energy saving capability of CFLs (compact fluorescent light). Those curly bulbs are now saving families energy dollars all over Charlotte. If you still have a few of the halogen incandescent bulbs left in your home, consider changing them.
7. “Turn off that light!” I’m sure you also heard that growing up as a child. Did you know that our home’s lighting accounts for up to 15% of our electric bill?
8. Low on supplies? Keeping your refrigerator and freezer full will not only give you more choices for dinner, it will also help those appliances run more efficiently.
Douthit Electrical has been providing Charlotte with quality electrical services since 1990. When you need help with your electrical service or installation, check out our money saving coupons and give us a call!
Written by: admin+