Purchasing a home is likely to be the biggest investment that you ever make. It’s important when looking at a home to see beyond its basic aesthetic qualities and look carefully at key systems that you’ll need to function properly, particularly the electrical system. It is well worth paying for an electrical inspection prior to purchasing a home, to ensure that the home will be safe, and to assess the costs of any changes that will be need to be made. You don’t want to discover any surprise, expensive problems after it is too late to back out of the purchase. At Douthit Electrical, our licensed electricians do thorough home electrical inspections in Charlotte so that you can have the knowledge needed to make the right decision regarding a potential home.
Here are just some of the things we do during electrical home inspections in Charlotte:
- Test smoke detectors & carbon monoxide detectors
- Confirm grounding systems
- Inspect electrical panels
- Check safety & security lighting
- Examine outdoor electrical systems
- Check for surge protection
- Look for electrical hazards
- Check to see if switches & outlets are in good condition & operating properly
- Look for knob & tube electrical wiring
- Verify proper bulb wattage
- Check to see if the home is equipped with GFCIs in areas where they are necessary
When buying a home, you’ll want to use all of the information available to you to make your decision. Through an electrical inspection with Douthit Electrical, you’ll receive important information about a potential home’s electrical system that you can then take into consideration. For an electrical inspection in Charlotte or the surrounding areas, give us a call today!
Written by: admin+